d to know their territory, including the geography; regulations and the law as pertains to property claims; state and local public safety and regulatory agencies and officials; the insurance and legal climate; and public adjusters. CAT adjusters may use a company claims office location as their base of operations or they may work out of their homes. They are required to be able to travel on little to no notice. Travel may be up to 75% of the time. Sr. CAT adjusters may also be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the countrywide quality assurance program.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits
- Handle complex personal and commercial property claims requiring outside field investigations and/or inspections
- May use a company claims office location as their base operations or they may work out of their homes
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry, reflective of successful progression through various job family levels
- Claims handled will be of greater complexity and will require a higher level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of commercial coverages
- Claims handled will involve moderate complexity, severity and exposures including litigation
- May be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings, arbitrations and small claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service
- Authority levels are higher in recognition of the higher proficiency associated with this level
- May be used as a technical resource by adjusters may represent the company at mediation, arbitration and trials
- May provide training and mentoring to adjusters
Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity
- Assist with implementation of countrywide quality assurance program
- Develop and assist with focus audits
- Develop/Refine/Implementation/Oversight of the vendor programs and compliance with Corporate Best Practices
- Conducting claim/estimate re-inspection and analysis of results
- May be required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a Outside CAT or Property Adjuster
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Travel 75% of the time
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle 4-5 hours per day and to get in and out of the vehicle numerous times during the day
- Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds from a motor vehicle as needed to perform field work
- Ability to bend, walk, and climb for several consecutive hours while inspecting damaged buildings, often with utilities turned off or inoperable
- Ability to use a ladder safely to get onto and off of roofs, and maintain balance while inspecting roofs
- Ability to perform field work in adverse weather
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
- Click here for the full list of Benefits
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, should contact us at: HRServices@https://hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here**.