For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.
Our Claims team is currently seeking an Inland Marine Adjuster. This position can be remote based or at one of claims office locations. Come join our growing team !
Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of minimal to moderately complex claims requiring thorough investigations including telephone contacts with the involved parties; technical expertise and complex analysis. Claim assignments are regional and may involve both personal and commercial customers relative to inland marine types of products.
This is a full time/exempt role.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Handle minimal to moderately complex marine inside claims.
- Primarily handle claims with exposures up to $25,000
- Handle marine and inland marine claims written under Collectibles, Musical Instruments, Contractors Equipment & Equipment Dealers, Firearms, HAAM radio, and Railroad Rolling Stock
- Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry, reflective of successful progression through various job family levels and/or experience in a related business market.
- Claims handled will be of minimal to moderate complexity and will require a higher level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation including interpretation of commercial coverages.
- Claims handled will involve minimal to moderate complexity, severity and exposures
- Authority levels are in recognition of the proficiency associated with this level.
- They may represent the company at mediation, arbitration and trials.
- May be required to have and maintain sufficient home-based internet connection
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to on-going professional development in the marine or business market-place
- Able to read and interpret business contracts
- Demonstrates an understanding of 3rd party legal liability concepts
- Demonstrates or is working toward core commercial loss scoping and estimating skills
- Demonstrates a base understanding of the Marine and Inland Marine classes of business, including the nationwide definition of Inland Marine
- Cultivates an environment of business ownership
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Considers the perspectives of others and gives them credibility
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Proficient using Claims systems (https://i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.)
Physical demands; work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
- Click here for the full list of Benefits
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, should contact us at: HRServices@https://hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here**.