This position is responsible to maintain daily contact with customers to collect credit information, maintain accurate records, follow up on all customer accounts, process payments to resolve open balances, review credit applications to set extensions of credit based on internal guidelines and negotiate payment arrangements as needed to minimize outstanding debts. Communicate with other departments to help resolve outstanding issues and ensure continual business flow.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Focus on internal and external customer service
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
· Familiarity with credit bureau and agency reporting
· Telephone etiquette and negotiation
· Experience with JDE AS400 System format preferred
· Familiarity with Accounts Receivable Management Solution products (Cforia/MC2).
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Very good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
· Very good attention to detail and accuracy
· Customer service oriented and ability to work with complex issues
· Ability to plan and arrange activities
· Very good interpersonal communication skills
· Very good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to multi-task
· Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
Typically, 2 or more years of related experience.
Typically, High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
No special physical demands required.
Very good understanding of the job and apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. Apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations.
Work on assignments that are moderately difficult and may require judgment and initiative. Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions. May be responsible for making independent procedural decisions.
Work under minimal supervision and may determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
The posted range for this position is $33,480- $58,590, which is the expected starting base salary range for an employee who is new to the role to fully proficient in the role. Many factors go into determining employee pay within the posted range including education, prior experience, training, current skills, certifications, location/labor market, internal equity, etc.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
It was 90 years ago when Henry Schein borrowed $500 to start a corner pharmacy in Queens, New York, nearly 30 miles from Melville, New York, where our corporate headquarters resides today. In the depths of the Great Depression, Henry and his wife Esther made a bold bet on their future all while living their values of helping health happen and caring for their team and the ...