This position is responsible to lead supplier partner relationships, plan and develop the marketing and sales efforts for a category of products within their purview. Responsible for developing plans that will result in increased sales, market share and/or profitability. Responsibilities include category analysis, strategy development, supplier profitability and contribution, category maintenance and new product launches. Responsible for supplier distribution agreement negotiations, new item review and set up. Develop and/or review/approve recommendations and product analysis for Senior Management team. Must be the Product Category Expert within the Medical Group/Industry.
- CATEGORY MANAGEMENT: Ownership of all activities surrounding performance of the categories for which they are responsible. This includes sales and market share analysis, identifying underperforming categories, developing plans and programs to drive sales and market share in both branded and private brand products. Provide strategic guidance on brand and private brand product additions and line extensions. Fully manages relationships with key manufacturer partners of Henry Schein Medical including Partnership program participation, National Sales Meeting attendance, price negotiations, end user offers, and sales rep incentive programs. Builds marketing, advertising and business plans with manufacturer partners for mutual growth and success. Serves as the main point of contact for the manufacturer. In some instances, may manage growth incentive/ rebate programs and be responsible for quarterly rebate R/O updates to senior management.
- NEW PRODUCT ACTIVITIES: Manages the process of all new product submissions. Reviews information provided by PC Associate and/or Specialist to ensure all necessary information is obtained from the supplier to facilitate a timely review. Determines which products will be accepted and/or rejected. Determines pricing, forecast and opening order quantities. Oversees process of new item code creation, web attributes and descriptions and development of catalog copy. Ensure the accurate onboarding of new supplier business and regulatory terms. Works closely with suppliers to develop a promotional plan to support a successful launch.
- CURRENT PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT: Determine products and pricing to be featured in all channel media for respective product categories and work with Associate and/or Specialist to produce layout and pricing spreadsheets. Negotiates buying deals with suppliers and oversees proper communication and implementation to Inventory Management. Performs review of marketing product classifications and item descriptions to ensure the integrity of product content. Accountable for A-system and/or ecommerce classifications, item descriptions and images to ensure the integrity of product content. Manages and accountable for the SKU Optimization and the non-saleable pool resolution process.
- CHANNEL MARKETING: Oversees layout and presentation for respective categories in all channel media and marketing platforms within established deadlines. Accountable for all issue resolution in this process.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN: Working knowledge of P&L and financial metrics. Ability to help make decisions that support the overall business strategy.
- OTHER: Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 1 or more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop and mentor team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand and act on financial information that contributes to business profitability
- Ability to plan and manage successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget, assign tasks and areas of responsibility
- Lead team(s) to achieve company goals in creative and effective ways
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management
- Good negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage outsourced relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities and manage conflict
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a good understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Ability to lead virtual teams
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Must have good analytical skills and must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Train, lead, and develop their team on processes and procedures.
The posted range for this position is $95,040-$166,320, which is the expected starting base salary range for an employee who is new to the role to fully proficient in the role. Many factors go into determining employee pay within the posted range including education, prior experience, training, current skills, certifications, location/labor market, internal equity, etc.
At the time of this posting, this position is eligible for a bonus not reflected in the posted range subject to the achievement of the plan.
Other benefits available include: Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, 401K Plan with Company Match, PTO, Paid Parental Leave, Income Protection, Work Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Educational Benefits, Worldwide Scholarship Program and Volunteer Opportunities.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers