Working independently in a defined geographic territory, the Orthodontic Sales Specialist (OSS) is responsible for achieving sales goals through a consultative selling approach servicing a customer base of orthodontic and general dental professionals. OSSs sell core orthodontic products (brackets, wires, elastics, etc.) in addition to the SLX and Reveal Clear Aligner systems, building sustainable and long-term relationships with all stakeholders within a practice. In addition, the OSS promotes Henry Schein Orthodontics’ leading-edge clinical education curriculum while conveying key benefits to both the practice and patient of the products, programs and services we provide.
- Service and grow your existing customer base while identifying new prospective customers within the territory.
- Be accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established for the territory.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with Henry Schein Dental’s Field Sales Consultants to support cross-platform promotion of the clear aligner product line.
- Develop and execute a territory call cycle to maximize office visits, customer interaction and relationship building. Responsible for scheduling: sales appointments, lunch and learns, local educational events and chairside clinical product evaluations.
- Enroll customers in Henry Schein Orthodontics’ exclusive educational programs to maximize product adoption and increase usage.
- Review customer sales metrics to determine product expansion opportunities.
- Meet initial and on-going training requirements to enhance your professional selling skills, product expertise and clinical knowledge.
- Attend clinical education programs, society meetings and trade shows both locally and nationally as needed to support the sales and growth of Henry Schein Orthodontics products and programs.
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding client needs, new technologies, clinical trials, and other market activities.
- In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- Perform the following duties in a professional way, supporting Ortho Organizers’ Quality Policy. Must understand, follow and comply with regulatory requirements as applicable to various processes. An understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO Standards (ISO 13485) is required.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Orthodontic sales background preferred but not required; must be articulate and able to effectively communicate with dentists, orthodontists, etc. Must be able to self-initiate and manage themselves and their sales contacts in order to effectively produce sales for the company. Must be effective with cold calling. Developing strategy in a competitive situation
- Planning a logical sequence of events or tasks:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Revising plans to account for changed circumstances. Setting priorities for utilizing resources. Planning short/long term (task-strategies) objectives. Anticipating problems
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Good understanding of industry practices
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Developing professional credibility
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: https://www.henryschein.com/careers