g visitors in a friendly professional manner, ensuring compliance with all security measures in place.
- Timely and professional answering of all general enquiry incoming calls to main line number. Announcing all callers, taking and forwarding comprehensive messages in person or by email, as required.
- Ensuring the reception area is kept clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Ensuring all staff sign in by the appropriate method. Issuing visitors and contractors with an ID badge as appropriate and maintaining sign in procedures.
- Acting as first point of contact for all business travel requests and take responsibility for booking travel and hotel rooms as required by TSMs, in line with the Corporate Travel Policy, using the nominated Corporate Travel Agency.
- Tracking and providing all purchase order numbers for the Company’s adhoc purchases and liaising with the Accounts Team to ensure these are appropriately logged and processed.
- Co-ordination and requisition of stationery and refreshment supplies.
- Assist in the smooth running of the Company’s Agile Working Principles, including the administration of hot desks, meeting rooms, equipment organisation and refreshments for meetings as required.
- This role is extremely varied; therefore the job description is not exhaustive and the role holder will be required to participate in other duties as required by the business.
Job Skills & Experience Required:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following:
- A good standard of secondary education
- Accreditation with Microsoft Suite desirable, but not required
- Business administration qualification desirable, but not required
Skill & Experience:
- Good overall knowledge and experience using the Microsoft suite of programmes, especially Outlook
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience deploying these in a professional setting
- Good time management, and experience handling competing priorities
- Comfortable working in a professional office environment
- Experience working in a small team where you’re required to work under your own initiative with minimal supervision
We believe the type of person best suited to this role will be:
- Accurate and thorough, with a methodical approach to work; detail is a major focus of the role and the role holder needs to be able to handle lots of detailed information quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Warm and open in their approach to people, embodying a socially focused “how can I help you” attitude
- An effective communicator who can guide, persuade and question others, whilst being aware and responsive to their needs or concerns
- Excellent at building and maintaining professional relationships across all levels of seniority
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and jump-in to a variety of tasks, some of which might not always match the main tasks listed in the job description
- Someone who can work in adherence to guidelines and procedures, but won’t be afraid to suggest new and better ways of doing things
- Able to work at a faster than average pace when the need arises
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday a year, with ability to buy up to 5 days holiday each year
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Access to Health & Wellbeing Apps
- Employee discounts
- A hybrid, flexible working culture
About Henry Schein:
At Henry Schein, our mission is to provide innovative, integrated health care products and services; and to be trusted advisors and consultants to our customers - enabling them to deliver the best quality patient care and enhance their practice management efficiency and profitability.
We know that our Team Schein Members (TSMs) are integral to bringing our mission to life and our success has been built on the commitment of Team Schein, a highly motivated and diverse group of professionals who are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers. Every TSM shares a singular focus, fostering an environment that allows each of us to achieve our goals.
Henry Schein offers a diverse range of career opportunities, and we firmly believe that by fostering an environment built on ethics, open communications, mutual benefits, creativity, and recognition of the contributions of all TSMs—at all levels—we can help ensure that our best years are yet to come. As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our integrated approach to diversity and inclusion ensures success by cultivating our Culture, recruiting, and retaining diverse Talent, supporting our Marketplace, and continuing our commitment to Society.
As a business we are committed to fulfilling our responsibilities as a Corporate Citizen, and we’ve been recognised for nine consecutive years by Ethisphere as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies.
Henry Schein is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment in all spheres of its operation. Henry Schein UK Holdings strives to operate a policy of equal opportunity and not discriminate against any person gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law.