Santa Clara, CA
The Applications Engineer is a key factor in the growth and widespread industry adoption of Intel silicon photonics product line. This individual will be a primary technical interface to customers and will work closely with PLM, R/D, Operation teams and field sales on both pre- and post-sales customer engagements in order to achieve key design wins.
- First-level technical response and debug during customer validation, qualification, and beyond, including replicating customer issues in the lab
- Developing a deep understanding of customer applications and use cases, analyzing customer requirement gaps, defining customer-specific documents, such as EEPROM and configurations for R/D and Operations teams to ensure the final products will meet the customer expectations
- Giving product demonstrations and discussing key technical specifications with customers
- Generating and providing design collateral (application notes, errata, design guidelines, etc.)
- Working closely with R/D engineering teams to develop deep and detailed understanding of SPPD optical products, components, and subcomponents
- Working with PLM and Operations teams to prepare early product samples to enable customer engagement
- Training customers and field sales and applications teams on silicon photonics technology and products
- Collecting competitive intelligence and analyzing competitor technical capabilities and positioning
Moderate travel will be involved in this role
- BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Optical engineering, or physical science with 6+ years of experience in Application Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Optical industry
- 5+ years of experience in debugging and addressing customer issues
- 5+ years of experience in customer applications and use cases, analyzing customer requirement gaps
- 6+ years of experience in Application Engineering for an optical transceiver company
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration. Since announcing the worlds first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors and higher speeds, from 100G today to 400G and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey, so if you are interested in joining our leading organization, then we want to hear from you!
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intels transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....