Cellular Modem SW Engineering Manager
Santa Clara, CA
The team is chartered to deliver M.2 wireless 4G/5G modem solutions to Intel's PC and Automotive customers. We are seeking a senior, self-driven person to be R&D Engineering Lead based in the US, who will be responsible to co-ordinate and drive deliverables of the organization. On the execution front, this person will lead the interaction with the development & customer engineering teams and program management to drive day-to-day product challenges and direction, and resolve customer issues and concerns. This will require strong understanding of the technology, and how the solution is implemented on the various platforms.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Interface with all engineering functions - Customer Engineering, Modem SW Development, Modem Host SW Development, System Engineering, System Integration & System Debug, Development Tools, Verification across multiple geos, and ensure cross-functional co-ordination.
- Drive the US R&D Team and co-ordinate with global RnD team on resolution of customer issues and concerns rapidly as they become known, to avoid escalations and ensure systems ship on time.
- Work closely with the PDT and PXT members, including Engineering, CCE, and Program Management.
- Proactively address expected challenges and issues with upcoming platforms before they reach customers.
Represent R&D Team in management meetings and roll up regular status and updates.
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong track record in managing R&D Teams and customers, and also working closely with Engineering on silicon products.
- Strong technology expertise, background in cellular modems, along with good understanding of embedded systems is needed.
- Strong business acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with engineering teams across geos and timezones is important. Minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant positions.
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group is responsible for all aspects of the client computing business across Phone, Phablet, Tablet and PC platforms, leading Intel's efforts to transform client computing through technologies, new form factors, and driving Intel's corporate-wide user experience initiatives. This spans all client device brands including hardware, software and connectivity ingredients for phones, tablets, Ultrabook, All-in-Ones, 2 in 1 computing devices, and home gateways.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....