Circuit Designer and Reliability Scientist
Circuit Designer and Reliability Scientist provide circuit design, layout, circuit simulations, reliability analysis, and project management. Research the reliability mechanisms and their impact on circuits and also develop mitigation techniques.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Custom circuit design, pre-Si validation, layout and tape-in of designs targeted to support development of process technologies.
- Understanding mechanisms that limit reliability of Intel's products.
- Defining creative approaches to characterize these mechanisms through circuit design on test chips, architect the test chips, and develop design definitions.
- Designing schematics and work with layout engineers on implementation.
- Creating bottoms up elements of chip design including block level custom layouts, floor plans, abstract view generation, RC extraction and schematic to layout verification and debug using phases of physical design development including parasitic extraction, static timing, wire load models, clock generation, customer polygon editing, auto place and route algorithms, floor planning, full chip assembly, packaging, and verification.
- Troubleshooting a wide variety up to and including difficult design issues and applied proactive intervention.
- Scheduling, staffing, executing, and verifying complex chips development and execution of project methodologies and/or flow developments.
Requiring expansive knowledge and practical application of methodologies and physical design.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Candidate must possess a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, Physics, or related field.
- Minimum of 9 months of experience with digital or analog circuit design.
- Technical expertise on lab test program development, design of experiment development, data collection, analysis.
- Familiar Synopsys and Cadence tools flow, especially ICC2 and Virtuoso, Spectre.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....