CVD Pathfinding TD Process Engineer
Bernalillo County, NM
CVD Pathfinding TD Process Engineer
At Intel, we optimize storage and memory from device physics to platform architecture to system level solutions while collaborating with industry leaders to help our customers. We continue to invest in two core technologies: Intel Optane technology that delivers industry-leading low latency (it's super-fast!) and Intel 3D NAND technology that delivers high density at low cost.
F11x in Rio Rancho, New Mexico is Intel's new Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) Technology Development site and will focus on Optane Technology Development and NAND Technology Research and Pathfinding.
To deliver the silicon technology, the Intel NSG Rio Rancho Technology Development (RTD) group is looking for an experienced Technology Development CVD Process Engineers to help develop Optane and NAND technology.
As a Pathfinding/Technology Development Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing processes for successive memory technology development nodes and transferring them to high volume manufacturing. You will work closely with integration, device, and the other unit process areas to define the memory technology roadmap and turn that roadmap into reality.
The ideal candidates will have a successful track record developing advanced processes in memory or logic, collaborating with cross-functional/cross-company teams including equipment and material vendors, and driving process improvements to achieve electrical and yield performance targets on schedule.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of any of the required process fundamentals
- Have 5+ years of experience developing one or more processes in either logic or memory.
- Plan and conduct experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Have a track record of innovation and invention in the area of process development, equipment and materials, working in a fab in integrated chip process development.
- Strive to achieve and deliver leading edge process capability, yield, cost and manufacturability. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Participate in process roadmap definition to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Define and establish flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Select and develop material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Engage closely with tool vendors. Drive escalations and ensure resolution to any process and/or equipment problems.
- Drive improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem solving tools.
- Establish process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp.
- Develop strategy to resolve difficult problems and establish systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Train production/receiving process engineers, engineering and manufacturing technicians for transfer to other factories.
Transfer process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory startup as well as install and qualification of the new production lines
- Demonstrated experience with technical problem solving skills with multitasking.
- Familiar with multiple characterization techniques including, but not limited to, XSEM, TEM, STEM, XPS, VPD, TXRF, and EELS.
- A fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology.
- Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
Excellent communication and team building skills.
PhD or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or Chemistry with over 10 years of CVD and/or ALD Process Development experience in the semiconductor industry.
- 15 years of experience in semiconductor process development.
- Experience with volatile and/or non-volatile memory.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....