Director, Compilers and Tools
Santa Clara, CA
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD (Barefoot Switching Division) in our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Director, Compilers and Tools! We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice and for the Cloud and Data Center network deployments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for managing a talented team of Compiler and P4 tools engineers across geographies
- Prioritize the requirements for the P4 compilers and tools for a wide variety of targets, ranging from BXD ASICS, FPGAs, Smart NIC ASICs and Software data planes (DPDK)
- Contribute to the P4 language design and standardization and enable it to capture the semantics of new networking applications, allowing you to design new compiler optimizations specifically targeted for networking applications.
- Work across the Data Platforms Group (DPG) in defining the strategy and requirements for P4 across a variety of Intel Targets
- Responsible for both proprietary and open source software development for compilers and tools for programmable network architectures.
- Lead a team that designs and develops tools that enable the P4 ecosystem and networking applications.
- Collaborate with the hardware teams to define compilation and optimization algorithms supported by hardware features for the networking domain.
- Work closely with the Product Management team in defining the roadmap and strategy for Compilers and Tools
Collaborate with top-tier Cloud services providers and OEMs in meeting their requirements for P4 Compilers and tools.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills/attributes in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple complex programs
- Experience formulating program tradeoffs, expertise in bridging technical and business requirements and clear communication skills
- Passion for solving complex technical problems at an aggressive schedule
Possess strong analytical skills in identifying business & technical future trends
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 10+ years of industry work experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of industry work experience.
- 8+ years of experience and understanding of all aspects of a compiler and related development and debugging technologies, especially code generation, program analysis, and pipeline optimizations.
- 8+ years of experience in C++ programming.
- 10+ years of experience developing and managing infrastructure and tools for large software development projects
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering/dev ops for Compilers and related technologies
- 10+ years of industry experience in cloud, datacenter, systems and/or storage solutions
5+ years of additional experience defining business strategies and technical programs with demonstrated successful execution
Inside this Business Group
The Data Platform Group (DPG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intels transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....