Facilities Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As an Intel Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Technician, you will play a significant role in helping to develop the world's most revolutionary processors. You will join an elite group who work at our high-tech technology and development fabrication facilities using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and tools.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting industrial grade instrumentation and control valves.
- Working with PLC hardware and any low voltage peripheral control components.
- Working with motor starter circuits and VFDs
- Working with HVAC/BMS commercial grade hardware, software and any low voltage peripheral components e.g. adjusting dampers and valves.
- Maintaining and improving the performance of new control loops and maintenance of associated panels.
- Working with a preventive maintenance program and all documenting all work performed on mechanical equipment and components.
- Supporting and maintaining established system standards and documentation for process control instrumentation and analytical equipment.
Availability to respond and support all operational user needs during emergencies and weekends.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Must be willing to lift up to 30 lbs, pull 250lbs at least once a day and spend the majority of time (greater than 90% less break time) on the floor working on tool sets, walking 3-5 miles a day, and/or standing/sitting for 9 hours.
- Candidate must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule | Shift is twelve hours long and rotates from three to four days a week.
- The candidate must possess at least one of the following educational or experience requirements:
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or any related field.
- Certification in any STEM or any other technical field of study.
- Military Experience.
- 1 years + Work experience in field instrumentation (i.e. flow and level transmitters, control valves, etc)
- Servers, operating systems, databases, and networking (i.e: Ethernet, DH+, ControlNet, Bacnet, Modbus)
- Industrial automation platforms, including Cimplicity, Rockwell Automation Control Logix PLC products.
- Programming frequency drives and similar electrical equipment
- Knowledgeable in facilities systems infrastructure, operations, design, and commissioning.
- Commercial BMS experience, i.e. Niagara, Honeywell, JCI helpful
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....