Facilities Mechanical Engineer - Undergraduate Intern
Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of an exempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school. Whether it's building a factory or keeping Intel's manufacturing facilities operating to our high standards, we have the same goal of world class.
If you enjoy working with the latest technology in a rewarding, fast-paced environment, joining our Intern program as a Facilities Mechanical Engineer may be a good fit for you. Everywhere you go, you'll find an opportunity to make a difference. In any given workday, you will be given responsibility to innovate and create an impact to our business.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Oral and written communication skills to work with all levels of management, a diverse customer base, and both technical and non-technical partners.
- Analytical skills.
Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- The candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
3 months of experience in:
- Application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving.
- Facilities operations, piping, mechanical systems such as (boilers, chillers, scrubbers, etc.)
- Mechanical equipment (pumps, valves, etc)
- Heat and/or mass transfer theory
- Statistical methods, including Statistical Process Control.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....