Facilities Technician Intern - Exhaust
We are looking for you!
We have a part-time internship opportunity for a local student (minimum 15 hours per week but 20 hours is preferred). Position is in Hillsboro, OR with no relocation. This is a paid internship with benefits included.
Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees with the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe or building and maintaining offices, labs and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel Employees around the world. We hope you join us!
Some of the job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining and sustaining all required safety and technical certifications.
- Actively engaging on team safety initiatives.
- Safely troubleshooting errors, performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of equipment to maintain 100% manufacturing uptime.
- Conducting preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance inspections and procedures. Utilizing and developing technical troubleshooting skills to solve daily tactical operational issues.
- Ability to work day/night shift and weekends to maintain minimum staffing for 24x7 operations.
- Some degree of judgment and troubleshooting skill required in resolving nonstandard problems and it may include membership in the campus Emergency Response Team.
The work is performed within generally defined parameters.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willing to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation.
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- The candidate must be enrolled in an AAS degree program in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning(HVAC), Facilities Maintenance or water reclaim (WATR) over the course of the Internship.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
3 months of experience in:
- Safe usage of hand tools, power tools, and test equipment
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records.
- Microsoft Excel and Word.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....