GPU Power Micro-architect
Sacramento County, CA
Are you passionate about graphics and working on Intel's latest CPU and GPU architectures? Are you driven by working with diverse teams to achieve best-in-class visual experiences that immerse users in a new visual future? If that sounds like fun, then our Core & Visual Computing Group (CVCG) has opportunities for you. In CVCG we are responsible for the architecture, design, and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to our datacenter, client, and IoT platforms.
We are looking for a GPU Power Micro-architect within CVCG and in this position you will help us with the following responsibilities:
- Driving low power design effort for the GPU and Media.
- Design, micro-architecture and RTL coding to create low-power design components.
- Develop power-aware micro-architectural features to optimize key blocks in GPU and Media IPs to improve design efficiency vectors, such as power, area, and performance.
- Analysis of various compute and 3D workloads' functional behavior through timing traces to uncover design optimization opportunities.
- Conduct power simulation and analysis for various GPU design blocks using Power EDA tools such as Power Artist and PTPX.
- Working with logic designers, micro-architects, architects, software team for power optimization to meet target Perf/Watt.
- Develop power model of various design blocks to assess the power implication of proposed new design features.
Develop Perl/Python/Tcl based scripts to speed up analysis and modeling for power.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-starter and the ability & desire to work as a great teammate.
- Ability to tolerate high degree of ambiguity
What We Offer You:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and build a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we champion a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve extraordinary results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks .
Minimum skills and experience that will get you notice:
MS or PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of industry experience
Your experience should be in the following:
- Experience with digital design of a wide variety of logic functions, with emphasis on 3D design and/or media encoder/decoder design.
- Experience with Low power design fundamentals, such as Clock gating, Data gating, Power gating, Multi-VT devices usage, Dynamic Voltage-Frequency Scaling (DVFS), and Data path optimizations.
- Deep understanding of Low power micro-architecture and logic design fundamentals from your 5+ years of relevant industry experience in GPU/CPU designs.
- Proficiency in Verilog or System-Verilog for IP and SOC design.
- Must to have exposure to industry standard Power Analysis EDA tools such as PTPX/Power Artist/Power Pro.
- Deep understanding of GPU and CPU architecture, and their performance and power modeling techniques.
- Proficiency with Python and data analysis packages like: Pandas, NumPy, Theano.
- Strong debugging capabilities at simulation, emulation, and silicon environments, including the ability to design interesting debug experiments.
Preferred skills and experience that will make you stand out:
- Knowledge of the modern 3D graphics pipeline, shaders, and modern rendering algorithms.
- Experience with Media Encode and Decode design.
- Technical team management experience would be a great plus.
Inside this Business Group
The Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) is responsible for the architecture, design and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to Intel's system-on-a-chip (SoC) products and key to our datacenter, client and Internet-of-Things (IOT) platforms. CVCG strives to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world class engineering.
US, California, Folsom
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....