Graphics Hardware Engineer
Sacramento County, CA
Join Intel-and engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
About the Position
Are you interested in computer graphics? Working with leading graphics engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture? Then our Visual Technologies Team (VTT) has opportunities for you. In VTT, we are focused on delivering Best-in-Class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future. The Graphics Hardware team is within VTT and we design and validate the future processor graphics engines for mobile, desktop and server platforms that will lead the graphics market in power and performance. We invite you to be part of our team to help implement integrated graphics blocks on leading edge process technology. This team is also responsible for all structural design & optimization flows ranging from Floor planning, Synthesis through GDS and parallel verification flows such as Static Timing Analysis, Formal Verification, Layout Verification etc.
What you'll do
As a Graphics Hardware Engineer at Intel, you will be responsible for development/ implementation and execution of a range of flows on a given design block for graphics projects.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Coming up with new methodologies/ implementing them and validating them to tackle new challenges presented by the new processes.
- Working closely with the rest of the project team members to resolve issues which arise during the design cycle.
Giving feedback of key learnings into the next chip cycle.
"For Bachelor's level this U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position."
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Minimum skills and experience:
Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field plus 6 years of relevant experience. A Master's degree is preferred with 3 years of experience.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Solid experience with HVL's like System Verilog, or Specman
- Familiarity with OOP's concepts and OVM/UVM methodologies
- Hands on experience with coding and developing testbench components like BFM's, Monitors and Checkers/Scoreboards.
- Good understanding of overall Validation flows & tools
Familiarity with Functional Coverage, Code Coverage & Assertions concepts & methodologies
Preferred skills and experience:
- Familiarity/experience with Formal Property Verification flows/tools
- Knowledge of Cache based designs & Cache Coherency flows is a huge plus
- Experience with Perl, Shell scripting, Makefiles, TCL a plus
- Very strong background in logic verification with a good understanding of logic design concepts
Knowledge & experience in RTL Verification Methodology and Design
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution levelnot just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....