Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects to fuel Intel's growth in the areas of computing, communication, technology and manufacturing and new business opportunity. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains substantial knowledge of state oft heart principles and theories, and contributes to scientific literature and conferences. May participate in development of intellectual property. May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing research in the area of:
*Homomorphic Encryption, Post-Quantum Cryptography, Privacy-Preserving Mechanisms applied to Machine Learning, proposing scalable solutions, and building prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of technical solutions.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, show initiative, identify and drive closure of technical issues towards maturing research vectors.
Present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
- Must hold a PhD in Computer Science with specialization in Cryptography or related disciplines
- One or more publications on cryptography in a peer-reviewed conference/journal.
- +3 years Deep expertise on the state-of-the-art of Partially, Somewhat, and Fully Homomorphic Encryption; experience with implementation prototypes is a big plus.
- +3 years Very good understanding of Lattice-Based Cryptography, including the underlying security problems, parameters selection, implementation aspects, and side-channel resistance.
+3 years Implementation skills for developing software prototypes with C++, C, Java, or Python or other languages.
- Familiarity with other post-quantum cryptography families (e.g. hash-based signatures, code-based, isogeny or multivariate quadratic cryptography) is a big plus.
- Familiarity with the application of privacy-preserving cryptographic techniques to machine learning is a big plus.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....