Machine Learning Workload Development - Intern
Santa Clara, CA
Intel's Visual Technology Team (VTT) develops best in class visual experience technology that is a critical part of our major product lines. We are looking for Intern engineers to develop video/image analytics technology based upon machine learning and deep CNN models to advance the video processing and video compression features in Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) architecture. The media architecture team in VTT is responsible for the architecture definition and IP development of current and future media engines of client and server platforms serving consumer and corporate businesses. In this position, you will be responsible for research, modeling, and prototyping of machine learning (CNN topology and model) of video technologies including video processing/analytics and video coding.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Algorithm and model development of advanced technologies in video/image processing, compression and analytics.
- Machine (deep) learning technologies for training and inference CNN model development of advanced media features (super-resolution, high dynamic range (HDR) video, style transfer, object segmentation, sharpness enhancement and noise reduction)
- Algorithm and architecture definition of various video analytics/processing features with video compression codecs such as AV2/AV1, VVC, HEVC, VP9/VP8, AVC and so on.
- Visual quality metrics (VMAF, SSIM) and subjective quality viewing and user experience
Data capturing, analyzing, validating and developing codes/scripts in regression environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Enrolled and working toward PhD Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
6+ months experience or equivalent coursework in the following areas:
- Experience on advanced media features (super-resolution, high dynamic range (HDR) video, style transfer, object segmentation, sharpness enhancement and noise reduction)
- International video compression standards such as AV2/AV1, VVC, HEVC, VP9/VP8, and AVC
- Deep learning network model understanding, e.g. CNN, RNN etc., and machine learning training development experience in GPU and model validation in regression environment
Excellent understanding of Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and GPU compute architecture and technology
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution levelnot just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....