Mechanical / Process Mechanical Engineer - Global Construction Engineering
Bernalillo County, NM
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This position will be based on the Intel Ocotillo, AZ Campus or Rio Rancho, NM Campus. Our Mechanical/Process Mechanical Project Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. They are one of the first to be consulted for any major construction project related to Mechanical (HVAC, Exhaust, Fire system, Cleanroom etc.) and Process Mechanical (Process Cooling Water, Oil Free Air, and Process Vacuum systems etc.). Early in the project, they assess feasibility of new projects. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers from other disciplines. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Project Engineers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution. The project engineer manages performance of the Design Builder's Architectural and Engineering/Owners design Consultant vendor in their discipline.
A Project Engineer in the GCE organization is responsible for developing Discipline Scope and Engineering Solutions for construction projects. This includes development of effective Mechanical and Pmech design deliverables to support all aspects of construction. The ideal candidate must be able to develop and implement innovative engineering and design methodologies to support very aggressive program cost and construction schedules.
Achieving this requires interfacing and coordinating with contract design, construction, scheduling and estimating resources, as well as internal Intel organizations including customer staff, Technology Development, Strategic Planning, facility owners, and Site Project PMs. Activities will include definition of design criteria, scope definition and justification, development of design concepts, completion of positioning, programming and detailed design, influencing design standards, construction specifications, and operations requirements. It will also include development of project budgets, schedules, and safety requirements and performing conceptual Mechanical engineering analysis for multiple scenarios that can include high level schedule and/or budget development to help customers and stakeholders make critical business decisions based on time and cost constraints. Proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents is a must have.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Manage performance of the Design Builder's Architectural and Engineering / Owners Design Consultant vendor for Mechanical and Process Mechanical deliverables.
- They will is also lead inter-discipline coordination efforts, and collaborate closely with other disciplines to ensure delivery of a complete, approved, and coordinated scope across a project.
- They will ensure that work is being performed code compliant and to Intel's Policies and Expectations.
- Responsible for delivering construction projects globally using multiple project delivery and execution strategies at a competitive advantage.
- Develops discipline scope and engineering solutions which include schedule, budget and safety requirements for assigned construction projects.
- Leads interdisciplinary coordination efforts, and collaborates closely with other disciplines to ensure delivery of a complete, approved, coordinated scope across a project.
- Interfaces and coordinates with Design, Construction and internal Intel organizations to enable facility design efforts for area of expertise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing input on design reviews, constructability, contractor performance and coordination with construction resources to manage discipline schedule and budget.
- Ensures accuracy of estimating tied to scope of work and linkage to project schedules.
Manages the budget, forecasts trades resources, resolves resource conflicts, and coordinates trades mobilization. As required, engages in contract and legal negotiations, incident investigation, safety training, and project assessment.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 4 years of experience in design and construction of Mechanical and Process Mechanical systems.
- 4+ years of experience with Mechanical system such as HVAC, Cleanroom, Heating and Chilled water systems, Fire Systems & Process Exhausts and Process Mechanical Systems such as Process Cooling Water, Oil Free Air, and Process Vacuum.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Technical writing experience (e.g. specifications).
- Proficiency with P&ID's, Pipeflo, and BIM. - Experience with construction, startup, and turnover of facilities process systems is valued.
- Value for safety and a safe project environment.
- Familiarity with ANSI, SMACNA & IBC.
- Basic knowledge /understanding of control methods for process systems.
- Proficiency in managing project change control
- Ability to interface with a multi-user customer base.
- Ability to manage workload of multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Proven track record of managing the engineering and design of large complex technical facilities and equipment installation construction projects in high tech industries, preferably semiconductor.
- Technical expertise in Mechanical & Mechanical process engineering and ability to provide tactical direction to a large engineering team, both direct and matrix report.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical engineering and design information and solutions to a wide audience of stakeholders such as manufacturing customers, Technology Development, Project Managers, Construction Managers and contractors.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and have a working knowledge of office personal computer appliances.
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PE) or aspiration to achieve that status.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....