Module Engineering Intern (SPTD)
Substrate Packaging Technology Development (SPTD) is looking to hire a graduate intern to join a team tasked with developing and ramping advanced organic substrate and packaging technologies via an internal pathfinding, technology development, and low volume manufacturing line.
- The graduate intern will be supporting fabrication of high density packaging substrates by working with litho, plating, dry and wet etch engineering teams.
- This is a hands-on position and will require a significant amount of time spent on the factory floor to develop new process technology and characterization of new materials.
- Since this will involve startup of new manufacturing capability for Intel, a high tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles is desired.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Advanced engineering troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Team participation, communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable presenting issues and solutions to multiple layers of management
This is an internship and compensation will be given accordingly based on candidate education level and internship duration.
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be a graduate engineering student pursuing a master's degree or PhD degree in Materials Science or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ months experience in semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, etch, thin films, plating, and CMP
- Should have 3.3 GPA or higher
- Should have at least one semester following internship prior to graduation
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....