As a Network Specialist your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Determination and deployment of robust, stable, and manageable computing and network services.
- Manage technical projects.
- Determine site computing and network server strategy.
- Research new technology/products/tools.
- Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and resolve network capacity issues.
- Identify, develop, and deploy tools supporting network server services.
- Perform impact analysis of new technologies on environment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex and advanced problems.
- Plan and schedule work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks.
Use judgement in data analysis to develop and design solutions for moderately complex processes.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer of any other related area.
- 2+ years of practical experience installing/configuring Cisco and/or Extreme network equipment.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex network environments.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- CCNA certification is preferred.
- Must be able to support 24x7 on-call and a self driven, self learner.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....