Operations Research Engineer
Operations Research Engineers design and develop system wide solutions applying linear and integer math programming applications and integration with factory data systems to drive solutions to complex manufacturing problems. Identify and solve problems in factory performance, scheduling, loading, equipment performance, decision science and distribution network problems. Require a thorough understanding of the factory environment and knowledge to develop software applications of complex engineering models and apply them to identify and drive solutions. The team builds, develops, validates and applies mathematically based decision algorithms, heuristics, optimization and simulation models and tools. Work closely with the business units to identify root causes, define the strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical software solutions. Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal technical training, business knowledge and judgment.
The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Team, interpersonal, analysis and presentation skills are required to lead and manage projects, and to influence and work within varying levels of customer management and decision bodies.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must possess a Master of Science degree in Systems, Computer Science, or Operations Research Engineering with background in software engineering and software development.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in one or more of the following:
- Formulation of Linear and Integer Optimization problems
- Algebraic modeling language such as AMPL, GAMS, or OPL
- Constraint Programming
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in data analysis and Database programming and/or applied programming experience
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....