Packaging R&D Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components and/or completed units.
- Responsible for the thermal/mechanical/electrical design, analysis, and development of electronic packages.
- Defines overall package performance and specification and realizes technology certification through layout design and test vehicle design.
- Conducts tests and research on basic materials and properties.
- Establishes material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors and interfaces with Quality Assurance and Purchasing regarding material quality and vendor performance.
- Provides consultation concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Possess a PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Physics or Chemistry or Optical Engineering or Polymer Science & Engineering or related field.
6 months of experience in fundamental science and engineering concepts in development to create novel solutions, including strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) principles.
Minimum 6 months of experience in:
- Technical innovation and deliver results for complex, time critical technical projects.
- Understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and technology with technical and analytical skills.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....