Packaging R&D Engineer
The Packaging R&D Engineer in Materials Technology Development will work internally and with suppliers to identify, formulate and obtain new material formulations to fit the needs of packaging technologies for existing and future Intel products.
- They will drive activities from pathfinding, development and certification through ramp support, including but not limited to development of material target specifications, leveraging of fundamental structure-property relationships for reformulation and validation of material performance in assembly process and in package/product reliability testing.
- They will collaborate with supply chain engineers on messaging and qualification activities at material suppliers and with the process development team to deliver a complete and reliable material/process combination.
- They will also provide material technical expertise and material analysis support to other organizations within Intel.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Influencing, verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Focused on critical and data-driven problem-solving
- Willing to work and drive results in an ambiguous environment
- Willing to partner across organization boundaries with focus on delivering complete solutions
- Willing to work as part of diverse team
- General understanding of semiconductor packaging and assembly technologies
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must have a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry or Materials Science or Materials or Physics.
- 6 months of experience of data analysis/statistical principles.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....