Packaging R&D Engineer
Microelectronic Packaging Research and Development (R&D) Engineers provide project management, package design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor processes.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assembly processes and/or equipment development, and applying novel concepts in ball attach technology solutions for next-generation Central Processing Units (CPUs) and devices.
- You will also be helping develop innovative solutions to enable Intel's roadmap of future assembly packaging platform technologies.
- In this position, you will be developing processes to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Innovating, problem solving, developing, and continuously improving equipment and processes using experimental design and statistical methods.
- Process and equipment specification development, applying principles for design of experiments and data analysis, and planning and documentation of improvements through the white paper process.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Training production and process engineers for technology transfer to other factories worldwide for High Volume Manufacturing.
- The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Proven technical leadership skills: leadership, strategic planning, coaching and development of a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams in a highly matrix environment managing budgets, resources and timelines, as well as proven stakeholder management.
- Flexibility in changing priorities and responsibilities to support business needs. Tolerance for ambiguity in a fast paced, constantly changing product roadmap environment.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits or/and skills:
- Influencing writing and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently
Demonstrated capability working in a high performing team culture which includes:
Demonstrated problem solving and prioritization
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Possess a master's degree or PhD degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Physics, Chemistry, Optical Engineering, Polymer Science, Engineering or related field
6 months of experience fundamental science and engineering concepts in development to create novel solutions, including knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE) principles
6 months of experience in:
- Technical innovation and deliver results for complex, time critical technical projects
- Understanding of semiconductor fabrication processes and technology with technical and analytical skills
- Design of experiments and development/optimization of process recipes for use in wafer bonding on 300mm wafers
- Experience with wafer bonding processes, 300mm
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured problem solving to troubleshoot and resolve complex process or defect issues
- Experience in data analysis and statistical process control
- Demonstrated ability to support manufacturing technicians and interact with on-site vendor field service engineering
- Experience in complex tool install and project management
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....