Physical Design Engineering Director
San Jose, CA
In this position you will be part of a world class Ethernet IP & SOCs design team responsible for design and development of the Ethernet Controllers and Networking Processing of the Network Division Silicon Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to join a talented team and will include lots of product innovation on cutting edge technologies.
- Responsible for driving fullchip Physical Design Execution. Solid track record of taping out more than 2 chips on advanced process technology nodes such 7/10nm.
- Should have experience in Industry tools such as ICC/Innvous/Fusion compiler and thorough technical understanding of Backend challenges such as Place and route on advanced process nodes, Static Timing Analysis for High frequency designs, Formal Verification, Low Power Verification etc.
- Ability to lead global large group of people ~100 (direct/matrixed/Contract workers), and solid communication skills is a must.
- Should be capable of providing clear and crisp status updates/reports to Sr. Management at VP/Sr. VP levels and should be able to manage ambiguity and schedule challenges.
- Must possess Project Management skills to deliver transparency for the project status and issues and drive clarity for project status to the project management.
Be a team player. Understanding of overall chip design cycle and Frontend design experience will be a major plus.
- Masters/Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering or other related field of study
- Experience more 15 years
- Working as a manager for ASIC model companies/organizations is highly appreciated
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intels transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....