Power Integrity Lab Graduate Intern
Are you passionate about working on state-of-the-art computer technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on earth? Do you love collaborating with diverse teams to enable world-class power solutions for Intel and set the standard in the industry for decades to come? If yes, then the Data Center Power Solutions team, part of the larger Data Platforms Engineering group that designs world class servers and enables its various silicon technologies, has an opportunity for you. We are looking for a Graduate College Intern to be a Power Solutions Engineer.
The main job responsibility is to validate some of our power solutions to ensure optimal performance for various products and electrical technologies. Validation will require experience with electronic equipment characterizations/measurements that include digital oscilloscopes, network analyzers, electronic loads, multi-meters, etc. You will work with a senior engineer that will provide guidance and others that may help with setting up the various system to enable these lab measurements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Obtaining power delivery requirements like voltage specifications, current requirements, etc.
- Interacting with various engineers across many disciplines including voltage regulator engineers, microprocessor package designers, motherboard/PCB designers, silicon chip designers, etc.
- Understanding time-domain and frequency-domain measurements. Provide written technical presentations with findings
- May need to correlate with simulations that were done before the product was designed, to identify where the gaps might be between lab and simulation
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
- Organization skills, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn and motivated to grow in a fast-paced team environment
**This is a 6-12 months internship (12 months preferred) selected candidates must be available to intern 6 months minimum.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant training and/or research experience.
Pursuing a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Required Course work at graduate level (at least two):
- Basic Circuits theory
- Power electronics that would include voltage regulator topologies
- Analog and/or Mixed circuit design
- Power integrity design
Preferred skills (not required) but could make you stand out:
- Leadership skills
- Background knowledge on transmission line theory, IO circuits, high-speed signaling, and electronics microprocessor packaging
- Experience in signal & power integrity industry simulation tools like Spice, Matlab, 3-D solvers, etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intels transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....