Power Validation Manager
As Power Validation Manager for Intel Power Business Unit (Enpirion) inside Programmable Solutions Group (PSG), you will be responsible for leading Post-Si device validation and platform/system power validation for all Intel Power products for data-centric and communication market segments. The position requires a good understanding of power products (like DC-DC converters/Power stages/Controllers) and server and/or FPGA platform requirements.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Define products and platforms/systems test plans, test coverage strategy (including corner cases) and monitors to satisfy Intel standards for high quality and HVM.
- Define and execute on test boards/HW/platforms and test suites/automation to enable validation of power products (power stages and controllers) including FW/SW validation and emulation.
- Work with Architecture, Design, Applications, Product Engineering and Automated Test Engineering teams to define full product validation plan across all disciplines, improve post-Si test content and provide feedback for future product test requirements.
- Lead bugs/failure debug, DOE and root cause analysis across the organization.
- Development of new methodology to test new product/platform features.
- Maintaining and enhancing the verification infrastructure and tools.
- Continuously monitor and improve validation quality and efficiency.
- Scope test and validation efforts and timeline and execute with high quality in a fast pace environment.
- Lead a team of a few engineers to execute on the validation plan.
- Work with internal partners like DCG, PSG and IOTG to define, execute and improve platform validation and maximize business unit competitiveness
Define and hire to fill new roles as necessary in a growing organization
- 10+ years of semiconductor/power experience
- Post-Si validation experience / power platform validation experience.
- Experience with power applications and/or analog, mixed-signal, high voltage up to 30V, high robustness power silicon design, and control theory.
- Experience with FPGA and/or server platform power/system validation.
- Willing to travel both domestic and international (~20%)
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related electrical engineering field
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related electrical engineering field is a plus
- Experience with program management is a plus
- Experience managing or leading a validation team is a plus
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
US, California, San Jose
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....