In this position, you will be a wafer fabrication Process Engineer in one of two 300mm factories in Aloha Factory Operations (AFO) in Oregon. The two AFO factories specialize in either back end wafer fabrication (thin films deposition, lithography, etch, electroplating) or wafer testing. You will be sustaining leading edge processes and tools while processes ramp from development into high volume.
As a Process Engineer at Intel, you will be responsible for identifying, responding to, and characterizing process tool and defect problems, implementing root cause solutions to those problems, and continuously improving your toolset's safety, quality, velocity, and cost performance. Responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Interacting with a technology development organization for new process startup and transfer to a ramping phase.
- Working with Manufacturing and Yield departments to ensure AFO is the premier far back end and wafer test facility.
- Working towards maintaining multi-generation tool and process synergy through partnerships with other organizations.
- Interacting with partner factories worldwide to transfer new processes, maintain CE! (copy exactly) parameters, share learnings and drive improvements.
- Partnering with the Manufacturing Department to assist technicians with their technical development.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- A demonstrated ability to learn new processes and tools.
- Ability to make technical decisions and provide technical direction.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team building capability.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or Physics, or related fields.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- 3+ months of experience on wafer fabrication process and equipment.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....