Process Engineer Contract
Process Engineers are highly motivated individuals with strong technical background and capabilities to sustain, ramp, and transfer 32nm and beyond technologies using state of the art equipment and materials in one or several of the following areas: Thin Films (ALD, CVD, PVD, Plating), Thermal (Diffusion, RTA, EPI), Planar, Implant, Litho, Etch (Wet, Dry), or Metrology. They will drive rapid continuous improvements in safety, quality, yield, reliability, cost, process stability/capability, and productivity while maintaining rigorous standards within the Intel factory network. Job duties include sustaining ownership of day-to-day operations, equipment troubleshooting and mentoring technicians across all shifts to deliver best-in-class results for tool availability, cycle time, defects and parametric performance. Hands-on participation with frequent factory floor presence is expected. The job also includes developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools as well as developing strategy to prevent the problem from recurring in future. May also require transfer of the process to high volume manufacturing and participation in factory start-up as well as install and qualification of the new production lines. Behavioral traits for this position include strong communication skills, sense of urgency, self-direction, integrity, teamwork, leadership skills, strong problem solving, and attention to detail. Position is for day shift.
The ideal candidate must exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Demonstrated the capability of working in a high performing team culture which includes: excellent teamwork and leadership skills, demonstrated problem solving and prioritization skills, and driving high performance maintenance goals for the group.
- Must be able to work modified shifts as needed to support Intel business needs -May be required to temporarily relocate to another Intel site for technology transfer training.
A demonstrated ability to support manufacturing technicians and interact with on site vendor field service engineering.
- Must have a BS, MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Microelectronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years semiconductor processing experience.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Experience with multi-chamber single wafer ALD processes and equipment (Chemicals, robotics, pneumatics, electronics, and heated vacuum systems).
- Must have technical expertise within Semiconductor Processing engineering and be able to provide technical direction on all quality issues.
- Experience with design of experiments (DOE) principles and statistical methods.
- Experience in data extraction & analysis tools (JMP, SPC, MatLab, Mathematica, etc.).
- Experience in defect reduction and failure analysis techniques.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....