Senior Photonic Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Intel's Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is currently looking for a Senior Photonic Design Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for design and development of high speed photonic components such as optical modulator, detector/receiver, and photonic integrated circuit (PIC) for next generation products based on coherent detection technologies. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, device design and simulation, test chip design and tape-out, wafer-level testing plan and data analysis, PIC architecture selection and specification definition, and coordinating die-level testing, subsystem testing, and reliability testing. The successful candidate will also play an important role in evaluating and determining chip integration architecture/platform and closely collaborate with process integration engineer for PIC development. This position will be multi-task oriented and be interacting with cross functional teams. You must have an excellent track record in design and development of high-speed optical devices such as Si modulators, photodetectors in Ge, III-V semiconductor, and Si, as well as of some passive components such as photonic fiber coupler, waveguide splitter, and polarization splitter/rotator. Be willing to work in a team environment and communicate results with multiple levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Excellent problem solving skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Photonics, Optoelectronics, Optics, Physics, and similar technical discipline with 4+ years of experience in optical modulator and passive optical device design, modeling and simulation, and testing
- 1+ years of experience of in design and development of high speed photonic components such as photonic modulator, Ge and/or III-V semiconductor waveguide photodetectors and SiGe APD
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in various optical design/simulation tools such as Beamprop, Fullwave, Fimmwave, Fimmprop, Lumerical FDTD /Mode solutions as well as high speed simulation tools such as High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in semiconductor device and process simulation tools such as Sentaurus and Atlas
- 5+ years of experience in photonic integrated circuit design and characterization, particularly in Silicon Photonics
- 5+ years of experience in integration platform such as SiN/Si system and SiON/Si system
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intels transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologiesspanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutionsthat fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....