Senior Solutions Architect
Sacramento County, CA
What you do in this role will correlate to the very top line metrics for Intel.
The Intel SSD Solutions Architecture team is recognized broadly as a team of top storage and memory solutions technical experts within the industry recognized leader in computing and storage. If you join this team, you will have an opportunity to stay close to the forefront of datacenter storage and memory technologies, hyperscale, cloud, as well as IT software trends, and evolving data center infrastructure to help Intel define the future of where storage and memory hardware meet software in the solution context.
- Work with the world's largest enterprise and cloud IT companies directly and indirectly to help solve complex IT problems and drive infrastructure transformation
- Define the best fit opportunity for Intel's current and future storage and memory products in the solutions context, prove the value of these solutions in practice (build/test)
- Position solutions value to customers, influencers as well as software partners, as well as train a world-wide sales force to scale business opportunities
- Work closely with fellow traveler hardware and software companies to enable Intel SSD technology scaling through qualification/certification activities, as well as joint marketing connections and sales scaling programs.
- Evangelize Intel technologies in public forums, as conferences, and various customer events to help drive software evolution, infrastructure change and business scale.
Connect key technical solutions into industry verticals, such as Cloud Service Providers, Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Energy, and more
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 8+ years of experience in IT engineering or applications support, preferably with Intel Architecture CPUs, boards and/or systems.
- First-hand experience diagnosing and debugging clustered server system performance issues, stress testing, or benchmarking solutions
- First-hand experience implementing emerging enterprise IT technologies within an IT Infrastructure in a Solutions context; examples may include but are not limited to emerging AI, analytics, container storage, database, big data, software defined storage systems, converged and hyperconverged systems, performance sensitive applications, and open source infrastructure solutions.
Nice to have
- Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers
- Understanding of emerging trends in enterprise solutions, corporate IT, Intel architecture and competitive solutions
- Technical competence in IT solutions, both in IT LOB user perspective, and infrastructure hardware / platform perspective, where the software meets the (memory/storage) hardware specifically within one or more of the following areas:
- AI and advanced analytics systems, such as Kafka, Splunk, Tensorflow, Caffe,Torch
- Big data systems, such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Cloudera specific technologies, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Content Delivery and caching systems, such as Apache Traffic Server, N-ginx, Memcached, Redis
- Microsoft mission critical systems, such as Windows Server Storage Spaces Direct, Microsoft SQL, Azure Stack HCI.
- SAP mission critical systems, such as HANA, NDS, Sybase IQ Virtualized and Hyperconverged solutions, such as KVM, RetHat Openshift or KNI, CEPH, Minio, VMWare ESXi and VSAN, Microsoft Hyper-V, Kubernetes, Alluxio, Citrix Xenserve
- Detailed knowledge of IO and memory / storage related software stacks, drivers, file system and kernel performance utilities (Linux and Windows).
- Competence in Intel technologies such as DPDK, SPDK, PMDK
- Be an activator, connector, and be passionate about growing business
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....