SoC Physical Design Intern - Undergrad
Middlesex County, MA
In this internship you will be working alongside a World-class SOC design team within the Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivering on next-generation Xeon products/IPs for Server markets. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Block-level floor planning
- Logic synthesis of design blocks
- Formal Equivalence Verification FEV
- Auto Place-and-Route APR using Synopsys ICC tools
- Timing verification using Synopsys PrimeTime as well as Intel tools
- Physical verification
- Layout vs. Schematic LVS, Design Rule Checks DRC, Electrical Rule Checks ERC, and Design for Manufacturability checks DFM
- Assist in the preparation of the layout design database for introduction to manufacturing
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Willingness to work independently and at various levels of abstraction
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, or related field.
_This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position._
3+ months of experience/coursework with:
- CMOS transistor level circuit fundamentals
VLSI hardware design and programming.
3+ months experience with:
- RTL/Logic design Verilog, VCS, etc.
- Electronic Design Automation tools, flows and methodology
- ICCDP, Design Compiler, IC Compiler/ICC, Primetime, VCS, Verilog
- Layout cleanup expertise DRCs, density, ipc, etc.
- Circuit design
- Computer architecture
- TCL, Perl and/or C++ programming
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intels leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....