SoC Pre-Silicon Validation Intern - Graduate
Middlesex County, MA
In this internship you will be working alongside a World-class SOC design team within the Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivering on next-generation Xeon products/IPs for Server markets. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the logical design of a microprocessor satisfies the architectural specification
- Creating and optimizing the validation environment, tools and methodologies
- Developing or using checking software to compare model behavior against a specification
- Generating focused and random test cases, analyzing coverage and debugging failure cases
- Writing software to provide controllability and observability into the architectural model
- Analyzing microarchitectural features to identify possible problem areas
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Candidate must be pursuing a Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, or related field.
6+ months of experience with:
- Course work in digital design and computer architecture.
- Object-oriented programming experience.
Availability to commit to a 6 month on-site internship.
3+ months experience with:
- Pre- or post-silicon ASIC verification/validation.
- OVM and UVM methodologies.
- Verilog and System Verilog.
Scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intels leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....