The Intel Open Source Graphics Center is responsible for developing multiple aspects of graphics software, display driver development and simulation environment development. In this role, you will be a key contributor to the Intel Linux kernel i915 graphics driver: adding support for advanced platforms well before they are released, planning and executing power on activities, coordinating platform support work across multiple teams, debugging and fixing existing problems, and working directly with key community maintainers to get your work added to the Linux kernel.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science plus 2 years post-degree experience from the field. In addition:
- 2+ years of experience in Open Source development, community, tools, and behavior - preferably in Graphics space
- Proficient programming skills in the C programming language at least 4 years
- Must understand open source development methodology and practices.
- Experience working with git and Bash.
- Good understanding of low-level software drivers and kernel
- Basic understanding of Graphics driver internals preferred
- Ability to work in a cross geo team environment
Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must and you must be able to handle ambiguity and efficiently prioritize tasks
To make your application really shine
- You have experience working with the upstream Linux kernel and have had success getting code accepted in the upstream Linux Kernel, and/or
- You have experience as a contributor to Open Source projects, and are engaged with the Open Source community
Inside this Business Group
The Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) is responsible for the architecture, design and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to Intel's system-on-a-chip (SoC) products and key to our datacenter, client and Internet-of-Things (IOT) platforms. CVCG strives to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world class engineering.
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....