TCAD Modeling Engineer
Our software engineers have the opportunity to touch the entire software ecosystem! In fact, by number of employees, we are one of the most influential software companies in the world. At Intel, youll be at forefront of everything from enhanced usability and security, to integrated software and hardware solutions, to seamless connectivity. We're looking for more great software engineer leaders who can help us push computing capabilities even further. Those who are passionately motivated by seeing their advanced product design creations used by millions of end users.
Watch our Software Careers video here: http://https://youtu.be/wY7Kl85qnqU?list=PL267DC6DEE5764F12
In the TCAD department you will apply your education to cutting edge research and development of physics-based numerical models for analysis of semiconductor processing equipment to advance Intel's world-class processing technology. The focus will be on simulation of chemical mechanical planarization processes, data analytics, liquid-phase fluid flow, solid mechanics, and heterogeneous chemistry. You will work in an intellectual and supportive environment developing new, leading edge models and methodologies to predict interactions between physical processes and thin film polish and deposition uniformity. This work involves using our world-class high-performance computing center. You will collaborate directly with the experimental teams working in process development and integration to define experiments and present recommendations that achieve industry-leading products.
Specific duties will include:
- Model development and application for simulation of chemical mechanical planarization systems from feature- to reactor-scales.
- Development of software and infrastructure components for numerical modeling of advanced semiconductor processes.
- Integration and application of a wide range of physical modeling tools representing a semiconductor processing technology flow.
- Development and application of parallel and multi-thread programming methods
The ideal candidate must possess the following behavioral traits
- Work in a demanding and team-oriented environment
Verbal and written communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in solid mechanics, fluid dynamics, chemical kinetics, and numerical analysis methods such as finite element method and finite volume method, meshing techniques, and semiconductor processing.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in application of scientific computing techniques to modeling and research of semiconductor processing equipment including relevant 1st author publications
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in programming languages, preferably in C++/C, and training in parallel programming techniques.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....