Vision Metrology Support Engineering Technician - Temporary Contract
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state of the art from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging.
Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We're looking for talented engineers to create, develop, test, and support factory automation systems that enable Intel to manufacture leading edge semiconductors as part of its Assembly and Test Technology Development (ATTD) Automation organization.
As a factory automation support engineer, you will partner with process technology and manufacturing engineers to maintain/create integrated vision metrology systems that improve manufacturing output and productivity for all of Intel's world-wide Substrate, Die Prep, Sort, Assembly, Test and Board manufacturing plants.
These state-of-the-art systems control factory equipment, track the product as it moves through the factory, measures product features, detect defects, handle materials, collect and analyze data, optimize factory scheduling and enable efficient factory operations.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits/skills:
- Analytical problem solving (written and oral communication)
- Teamwork and partnership
- Demonstrate tolerance of ambiguity and self-motivation
Please note this is a temporary position of 12 months contract
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only.
A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 or 3 relevant industry experience or associates degree with minimum 4 years relevant industry experience in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Technology or related discipline.
The candidate must have knowledge in the following areas:
- PC operating systems - Windows running on standalone PC or embedded controllers.
- Electro-mechanical systems - Material handling and robotic systems. This includes troubleshooting/debug of issues with these type of systems.
- Vision based image acquisition systems - Including processing and optical elements.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical systems to build/construct lab experimental setups.
- Equipment controllers and interaction with mechanical systems.
Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Fabrication knowledge for lab setups - machining, 3D printing, general assembly.
- Technical writing skills - Document procedures and training document scope.
- Project management organizational skills - ability to deliver projects with multiple deliverables and dependencies.
- Machining skills - small fabrication projects including computer numerical control (CNC) and small metal forming equipment.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moores Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....