Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care. Job Description
Primary Function of Position:
The Genesis I&A Consultant will provide customers with onsite, remote consulting and educational initiatives designed to implement and maintain Intuitive medical technology / instrument and accessories best practice solutions through standardization, efficiency, staff training, and cost containment. The Genesis I&A Consultant will also closely work with hospital key stakeholders as well as the Intuitive Ecosystem partners, including leadership, as well as with Sales, Advanced Failure Analysis, Marketing, Customer Services, and Tech Support to ensure that customers have the necessary tools to launch, optimize and sustain successful da Vinci and Ion programs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain expertise in the following:
- Intuitive technology, I&A reprocessing and troubleshooting
- Proper handling, care and use of Intuitive Instruments and Accessories
- Detailed knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidance in the area of reprocessing of reusable medical devices (ISO, MDR etc.)
- Independently manage assigned territory while effectively managing work time and schedule
- Conduct Genesis I&A Consultant and educational initiatives with Intuitive with strategically targeted customers.
- Provide in person and/or remote consulting and educational services to deliver value to the customer.
- Examples of services are staff training, consultation on program readiness, standardization, efficiency, and high return remediation.
- Support complex, extended customer engagements and collaborate with customers, as well as Intuitive commercial, service, and support teams to formulate multi-faceted, customized solution and recommendations based on hospital use patterns, processes, protocols, goals, and other feedback.
- Uncover customer needs and opportunities.
- Prioritize potential solutions and gain alignment with hospital key stakeholders to help implement recommendations.
- Track progress and communicate status to customer on a schedule identified within the recommendations.
- Align with sales and failure analysis partners on delivering customized customer assistance, as needed.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define, measure, and optimize the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of Genesis programs
- Run reports and analyze data when needed to prepare for customer engagements
- Support customer and internal facing Genesis and Intuitive events and conferences (both in-person and virtual)
- Promote collaboration with Genesis and cross functional teammates to establish and achieve Genesis implementation goals
- Report customer complaints to appropriate internal parties as they are discovered
- Ad-hoc tasks or duties assigned by management
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred or equivalent biomedical training, Life Science, or technical equivalent.
- 5+ years of documented professional experience in healthcare/hospital management.
- National Certification preferred according to the regional requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidance in reprocessing of reusable medical devices (ISO, MDR etc.).
- Experience or working knowledge of the use and/or reprocessing and regulations of complex medical devices, and excellent mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively and drive results as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present to varying group sizes.
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours.
- Business acumen - ability to function in an executive business environment and understand the business needs of the CSSD and OR.
- Communication - ability to deliver consistent and effective communication across organizational levels
- Master complexity - ability to plan, organize, and oversee highly complex and strategic assignments involving multiple teams and individuals
- Fluent in English and local language as required
- Ability to travel overnight up to 70 %
- There is a minimum expectation of 24 months in this role to be eligible for an opportunity to transition into another position within the organization
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 75% of the time