Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care. Job Description
Primary Function of Position:
Responsible for ensuring suppliers meet ISI requirements for quality, service, delivery, and cost. Drive suppliers to continuously improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products and provide DFM input to new designs. Supports both NPI and on-going production, monitors and works with suppliers to improve supplier performance. Executes detailed projects with suppliers to implement changes and improvements affecting quality, cost, capacity, risk, and sub-supplier management.
The ideal Candidate possesses broad and deep hands-on metal injection molding (MIM), metal machining manufacturing and/or plastic injection molding experience along with skills to select and develop suppliers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Minimum Education: BS degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 6 years related experience in engineering and manufacturing of metal injection molding (MIM), machined metal or plastic injection molding parts. Metal injection molding experience is highly desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to executive level management
• Excellent Interpersonal skills and team building skills
• A proven history of implementing Lean/6 Sigma/SPC Programs at suppliers
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with good judgment
• Demonstrable knowledge in evaluating and challenging supplier technical, quality, and business capabilities
• Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes including understanding of key input variables for quality, cost, and capacity (specialization can be in metal fabrication, plastics, electronics, and/or contract manufacturing)
• Excellent knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485
• Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel, Project, Access, and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP or Agile
• CAD experience with 3D modeling tools is a plus
• Experience with statistical analysis software such as Minitab is a plus
• Proven ability to motivate suppliers
• Experience in a high-volume medical device company is a plus
• Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings (GD&T) and communicate technical information
• Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis - domestic and international (approx 25%)
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $146,000 USD - $210,000 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $124,100 USD - $178,500 USD
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.