Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a Technical Support Manager, the individual will oversee the build out of a tier 2 network and digital support team across Europe and the United Kingdom. This role will work closely with senior management across the organization to implement programs and align with corporate initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the recruitment, training and development of the EU Intuitive Sustaining Support Team ensuring world-class support
- Providing leadership to the Support team by mentoring the Sustaining Team Leads, particularly in the development of customer service, time management, problem solving skills, and leadership skills.
- Managing performance and growth plans of team members, working with them to develop and implement individual career development plans.
- Effectively servicing client management escalations in line with accepted best practices and processes, collaborating with other departments on necessary next steps.
- Developing measures and managing customer support metrics such as quality of service, close rates, response times, and teamwork.
- Communicating and developing relationships with the Product, Development, Services, and Sales teams to prioritize and address high priority technical issues.
- Building strong working relationships with our clients and acting as a level of escalation for any high and critical issues.
- Identifying, managing, and executing Technical Support strategic projects and initiatives.
- Project Managing and acting as the Support Liaison for new feature/product Go-To-Market strategies.
- Responsible for relationship with and escalation to engineering and development teams and customers.
- Create necessary service support documentation
- Work closely with various engineering/development teams to provide service requirements and drive enhancements to our products and supporting tool sets.
- Some experience reviewing or redlining technical language in contracts or agreements
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of our on da Vinci, Ion and Digital products and services and Intuitive Surgical’s policies, processes, and procedures.
- Create and maintain procedural documentation, such standard or department operating procedures and department work instructions.
- Drive key matrices to support corporate/departmental goals.
- Support ad-hoc projects as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or 10+ years equivalent experience acceptable with 6+ years’ experience leading remote teams in a customer or technical support setting.
Ideally, the Candidate must have experience and skills in managing a remote team and medium to large projects in a complex, cross functional and global environment:
- Familiar working in a regulated environment. (Plus has experience working with Medical devices)
- Understanding of core IT technologies and processes (https://e.g., network systems, operating systems, databases, access controls, change control processes, application and system development, IT operations, incident response, monitoring, and asset management)
- Ability to handle a wide variety of demanding and complex issues.
- Learn quickly, self-manage workload, and handle rapidly changing priorities effectively as a part of a team. Thoroughness in completing tasks is imperative.
- Capable of working within a Global Support Team in a wide range of time zones.
- Great customer facing skills with the ability to discuss issues with a wide range of audiences – from tactical technical resources to CTO/CIO level
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills to communicate with a Global audience. *Additional language verbal communication skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a highly demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage and implement change in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence, displaying superb listening skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in improving and managing Technical Support processes and methodologies.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under stress and within tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Travel and flexible work schedule required
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 25% of the time