Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Director to help advance Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for Drug Design. The preferred and primary location for this position is Titusville, NJ, but exceptionally skilled candidates may be considered for other Janssen site locations including New Brunswick, NJ, Cambridge, MA, Spring House, PA, La Jolla, CA, South San Francisco, CA, with up to approximately 20% travel.
At Janssen, we are working to create a world without disease—transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at https://www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas, encompassing oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Associate Director who will work at the intersection of AI/ML, Computer Vision and Molecule Design.
· Conceive, develop, and implement AI/ML solutions applied to computer vision for drug design problems, including but not limited to, processing and analysis of large scale imaging and assay data (https://e.g. high content imaging, cryogenic electron microscopy, tissue imaging, and medical imaging), molecule structure predictions, toxicity prediction, and AI-based optimization
· Independently lead projects through all stages (ideation, planning, execution and delivery), and develop research proposals, study synopsis, protocols, analysis plans, progress reports and delivery decks
· Lead a team and develop junior colleagues within and outside the function, while growing as a group leader
· Work closely with a cross disciplinary team of data and AI scientists, imaging experts, structural biologists, and computational chemists, and leverages cross-domain expertise to contribute to a rigorous scientific evidence package strategically aligned with molecule development cycle
· Contributes to the strategy of the data science organization, and influence senior stakeholders in relation to project prioritization, continuation and promotion of the results
· Expand external scientific visibility and reputation of Janssen R&D by driving publications in top tier journals and conferences, and leading scientific seminars and discussion forums
· Has hands-on coding expertise, and reviews and provides high quality feedback on computer codes