Janssen Pulmonary Hypertension, a Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs Strategy , located in Titusville, NJ or remote for the ideal candidate.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen Pulmonary Hypertension is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled, and intravenous medications.
The Associate Director is an integral leader within US Medical affairs (MAF) Medical Strategy Team. This individual is a pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) medical expert who will lead key medical affairs functions and initiatives of data generation and data dissemination strategies. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Function as a lead scientific resource for PAH and JPH products
- Develops and executes Medical Strategy Plan
- Lead Medical Affairs research projects and publications aligned to the medical strategy of JPH product(s) and above brand initiatives
- Lead the development and execution of Advisory Boards
- Engage external customers in scientific engagement to gain insights on disease and treatment landscape, current evidence
- Lead publication of key evidence generation projects
- Partner with commercial team to support the development of compliant promotional and proactive materials, including copy approval process responsibilities
- Responsible for training of internal and external product representatives
- Responsible for ensuring that all Medical Affairs activities are compliant with regulatory and HCC policies and processes
- Stays abreast of the emerging and established scientific, regulatory, clinical recommendations and program implementation landscape related to PAH
- In close collaboration with the medical strategy team leadership team, lead the design, development and implementation of medical initiatives and tactics related to core organizational priorities
- Supports activities that translate to timely and positive interactions with external partners and organizations, including the Key Scientific Leaders and professional societies
- Supports the training, education, and scientific communication needs of Medical Affairs colleagues and other Janssen stakeholders
- Support the Senior Director of Medical Affairs in development of the annual medical plan and timely execution of medical tactics assigned to the role.
- Clinical expertise in Pulmonary Hypertension
- Experience with research projects, publications processes and strong presentation skills
- Strategic leadership and influence skills to drive cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on credibility and trust within medical affairs and cross functional partners
- Understand the organizational priorities while managing the detailed execution of deliverables
- Analytical skills required for scientific support of projects
- Navigate a complex matrixed environment
- Facilitate resolution of issues relating to projects, priorities and team dynamics
- Demonstrate deep collaboration and initiative in resolving issues
- Must possess excellent written, oral and presentations skills