Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Category Director, Biologics Consumables, preferably located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies
The Biologics Consumables is responsible for the end-end Procurement activities for the Biologics Consumables category for Janssen Supply Chain. This category has approximately $200 million annual spend, enabling the entire Janssen Large Molecule platform of $26B NTS. This category is comprised of subcategories of Filters and Single Use Technologies. In addition to leading the Biologics Consumables category, this role is also responsible for driving the reliability and resilience of the biologics raw materials supply. This role will lead a team of Procurement professionals and provide global direction for developing category strategies, maintaining key relationships with Supply Chain and R&D stakeholders, and handling key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the Procurement vision: shaping supplier solutions that will transform healthcare.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business needs including sourcing strategy, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets (Cost drivers, risk analysis, mitigation, analytics, applicability / of category value creation techniques)
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- Business Engagement. Manage the needs and expectations of the Business to drive satisfaction while ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies
- Lead cross-functional program to drive resilience, agility, reliability, and risk management. Understand operational considerations. Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning to ensure alignment to ensure supply and reduce risks.
- Lead and manage the team, including capability building and governance. Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager.
- Category Strategy. Develop and drive the vision, strategy and implementation plan
- Supplier Relationship Management. Build relationship and interact with senior leaders from key suppliers.
- Business Engagement. Engage senior partners in Supply Chain and R&D. Manage the needs and expectations of the Business to drive satisfaction while ensuring compliance to procurement standards and alignment with procurement strategies
- People Management. Systematically lead contract creation, approval, administration and compliance
- Cross-functional Leadership on Reliability and Resilience improvement. Lead large cross-functional programs to improve the reliability and resilience of biologics raw materials supply