Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Coordinator Payroll position. This position will be located in Tampa FL, with occasional travel of up to 10%.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical technology markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen!
The Coordinator will perform data entry, uploads, and other transactional tasks related to payroll processing while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. This role will ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with Global Service Center Strategies. The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment is required.
- The Coordinator will perform payroll transactions such as data entry, case gatekeeping, and quality control review of master data updates, and audits where needed.
- Collect, analyze, update and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related request and issues.
- Document and review payroll processing procedures.
- Work with the manager and documentation resources to organize and facilitate ongoing development, evaluation, and maintenance of documentation (e. g. Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of payroll processes.
- Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
- The Coordinator will ensure a basic understanding of payroll procedures and basic familiarity with broader payroll service center strategies.
- Provide ideas to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll.
- Proactively stay up-to-date on trends and developments within payroll and compliance.
- Assist the manager with capturing and responding to initial payroll related issues, policies, and procedures from payroll functions and the operating companies.
- The Coordinator will participate in and support analysts and manager with departmental initiatives.
- Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- Ensure that behavior complies with the J&J Credo and supports a positive work environment.