As the world's largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we impact more than a billion lives through the innovation happening at 260+ companies located in 60 countries around the world. Teams from Johnson & Johnson’s consumer business are improving quality of life by creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals are using AI to discover lifesaving drugs. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Who is Janssen? Simply put, we’re people; more than 35,000 working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time — from autoimmune diseases, hematology, oncology, HIV, mental disorders, heart disease and diabetes. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together cutting-edge science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We aim not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
COUNTRY DIRECTOR NORWAY
For our local operating company with base in Oslo we are currently recruiting for a Country Director
Reporting to the Managing Director Nordics & Country Director Sweden, the purpose of the Country Director is to provide end-to-end leadership and accountability for all employees, the organization and business results within the respective country. The role shapes the country business strategy in alignment with the broader Nordic strategy and acts as the external face and spokesperson of Janssen when interacting with senior external stakeholders in the respective country. The Country Director is overall responsible for the continuous development and business performance of Janssen in the country.
YOUR responsibilities & YOUR impact:
• Set the ambition, goals and objectives for Janssen in the respective country to challenge the status quo, lead change and drive business performance.
• Lead and ensure the development of the organizational structure and capabilities to achieve short- and long-term objectives.
• Lead and ensure the development and execution of operating policies consistent with the policies and objectives as set by the enterprise leadership in the organization.
• Lead across the organizational matrix and support cross-functional and cross-country collaboration to achieve business results.
• Represent Janssen in the respective country, e.g., regulatory, media, distributors, and other external stakeholders, for all functions - drive the debate ensuring market access, competitiveness and sustainable growth.
• Build and maintain key customer relationships in the respective country.
• Establish strong, highly collaborative relationships with other Janssen and J&J leaders and leverage capabilities to support local business needs.
• Support diversity and inclusion at all levels in the organization.
• Accountable for MTP and BP in country of responsibility.
• Hold legal responsibility for Janssen’s business within the country. Manage risk, conduct business activities in compliance with ethical and legal requirements.
• Participate in the Nordic leadership team.
• Lead and participate in the local management team.
Live our credo & pursue our purpose
demonstrates and models the heart of Johnson & Johnson
• Puts the needs of Our Credo stakeholders first
• Pursues the highest standards of quality, compliance and ethics
• Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
inclusively to address health needs
• Builds internal and external relationships based on respect
• Seeks, listens to, and incorporates diverse points of view
• Collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player
the future of health through innovation
• Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking
• Courageously tries new things, tests and learns from mistakes
• Demonstrates resilience and agility
• To drive and adapt to change.
self and others to become our best
• Develops self and others to reach their goals
• Engages in open and honest conversations
• Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes
Key Compliance Requirements
• Ensures alignment of all activities with J&J Credo, applicable J&J procedures and policies including but not limited to those related with Health Care Compliance, Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance, GCPs, Regulatory Regulations and local Legislation;
• Ensures safety reporting requirements (timely AE/PQC reporting) as set out in company policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are met and appropriately managed when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors;
• Ensures HCC and legal requirements (Fair Market Value, Transfer of Value rules, Promotional Materials rules) are fully understood, appropriately managed and complied with when planning projects, developing materials;
• Complies with designated SOP’s and mandatory training for the role (Mandatory Training : MTP Matrix )
• Complete annual Adverse Event and Quality Complaint Reporting Awareness training and HCC/FCPA Awareness training
• Report Adverse Events and Quality complaints in a timely way according to current guidelines/SOP
• Acts in accordance with Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements in interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Government Officials
• If commissioning contractors or third party organisations, perform Due Diligence where applicable, put compliant contracts in place and provide training, ensuring these individuals also act in accordance with Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements when interacting with Healthcare Professionals or Government Officials and ensure reporting of adverse events and quality complaints resulting from such collaborations (as above).
Child care benefits
Short term disability