DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. , a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Logistics Associate I in Beltsville, Maryland .
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Logistics Associate is responsible for transporting medical device instruments and implants to and from hospitals and surgical centers. This includes the delivery and pickup of devices from the appropriate staging location at each hospital or surgical center. The Logistics Associate II must operate the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner and comply with all company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, and in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Responsible for providing constructive input to enhance the work process/environment by making suggestions and implementing process changes in coordination with the Field Sales Support Supervisor to ensure the achievement of Field Logistics objectives.
- Ensure on time delivery and pickup of medical devices
- Follow daily instructions provided by supervisor and/or warehouse planner by adhering to planned routes
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Deliver and pickup devices in hospital/surgical center designated staging areas
- Provide a high degree of customer service through interactions with sales consultants and healthcare employees
- Provide support to warehouse for receiving, processing, tracking and reporting on all field requests related to loaner equipment.
- Execute all safety policies, rules and regulations
- Maintain equipment and materials in a safe, neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately upon discovery to Supervisor
- Provide warehouse assistance as requested including check in and putaway process, housekeeping, and instrumented check in
- External interactions may include industry partners, third-party distribution centers and suppliers, transportation providers, and customer service center vendors.
- Internal interactions may include Sales Consultants, commercial partners, regional /country sector based supply chain leaders, Quality, logistics partners, CLS employees, support functions (HR, IT, Finance), Worldwide Transportation, etc.