l Affairs group within the European Medical Affairs Team. The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for supporting the EMEA Abiomed Business in establishing highest medical-scientific credibility with our customers. The Medical Science Liaison shall act as a scientific expert between Abiomed and the medical community through the communication of scientific evidence-based data and serves as an expert consultant to internal cross-functional partners within Abiomed by providing product related, evidence-based information, including educational support to the Sales and Marketing groups. This position is key to sharing and deepening the clinical understanding of cardiac unloading and heart recovery in the specialist community.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as an expert resource on Abiomed’s product’s scientific and clinical evidence and associated disease states to the Company, specifically the Commercial Organization, implementing the company’s scientific communication strategy on a regional level through regular field visits and collaboration
- Serves as an information source to physicians and researchers through dissemination, clarification and education of scientific clinical evidence.
- Responsible for external speaker approval and qualification using the most current scientific and clinical information including quality control.
Medical Science & Therapeutic Area Knowledge
- Maintain extensive clinical/scientific expertise as a subject matter expert of the relevant therapeutic areas, products, company pipeline, medical technology and competitors.
- Maintain understanding of medical device development methodology, marketing and market access concepts, health care reimbursement to be able to collaborate with business partners.
- Develop peer-level relationship networks with thought leaders, professional groups, organizations, decision makers and other key stakeholders in cardiovascular diseases in the assigned geography.
- Share and discuss evidence-based scientific data with stakeholders in accordance with company guidance
- Part of the Physicians team in the Medical Office to support the Clinical Support Center and Field Team in patient support cases, also responding to unsolicited questions as appropriate through ‘one on one’ contacts and group presentations
- Facilitate education on disease state, product pipeline and competitor products to internal stakeholders and external customers as appropriate.