Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison, Gastroenterology/Immunology in the territory comprising of NJ and NY.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The MSL will establish and maintain relationships with leading researchers and clinicians, also known as key opinion leaders (KOLs). This individual will help ensure that products are used effectively, serve as scientific resources and experts, and provide input about relevant scientific and clinical data, for these external customers, and internal business partners.
- Following all internal policies and functions as the scientific expert on current and future Janssen Biotech Gastroenterology products in the area relevant to internal and external customers.
- Build external relationships with recognized opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends. Provide clinical support to Gastroenterology opinion leaders and community physicians on the clinical application of Janssen Biotech's existing and future products, respond to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, and, as needed, discuss disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy.
- Collaborate with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provide support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
- Provide scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education, and other scientific projects.
- Collect and communicate clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to Janssen Biotech's success.
- Represent and support Janssen Biotech at Gastroenterology scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interpret and report findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize franchise customer-based initiatives and field responsibilities, while balancing administrative duties and project responsibilities.
- Build interdependent partnerships by communicating openly and frequently with partners, demonstrating commitment to the partnership in both words and actions.
- Maintain focus and composure in uncertain circumstances with minimal directions.
- Demonstrate high organizational and interpersonal skills and sound judgment in all functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
- Maintain in-depth scientific and therapeutic knowledge, including Janssen and competitive products as well as disease states within the franchise.
- Fully understand and apply MSL SOP's/guidelines and company HCC/Regulatory/Legal guidelines.
- Function with high integrity and be follows the Credo value.