subject areas to build a connected
digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
The Principal Robotics Software Engineer plays a key role in the development of the Ottava
robotic surgical platform. The candidate will understand the system from both a technical
perspective and the user’s viewpoint, and contribute algorithms and software implementations
that ultimately drive definition and development of Robotics and Digital Solutions. We will set a
new industry benchmark for robotic surgical capability. We are looking for a candidate who can
work independently and function well within a team. The candidate is flexible, self-motivated,
curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics. Additionally, the
Principal Robotics Software Engineer, works closely with other team members to control,
simulate, and implement robotic systems.
• Work closely with other robotics and controls engineers to design, implement and test
robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.) using C++ in a real-time and
• Collaborate with other specialists (mechanical, electrical, clinical) as part of a focused
multi-functional team developing robotics and controls software and algorithms for
• Develop novel methods for human-robot interaction, working closely with clinical
engineers and physicians.
• Identify areas of technical risk and design experiments to evaluate and resolve.
• Quickly implement concept proofs and prototypes, and test on systems.
• Lead and participate in software design discussions and code reviews (both internal and
multi-functional) for robotic algorithms and workflows.
• Create specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.