Mentor TX, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Production Associate.
Mentor is a leading supplier of breast implants in the global aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that allow breast surgery patients to improve their quality of life. The company is focused on two strategic areas: breast reconstruction and breast augmentation. MENTOR® is the only manufacturer whose silicone breast implants are made in the U.S.A. For over 20 years, more than 5 million women have chosen MENTOR® Breast Implants.
You, the Production Associate will be responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Operates production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products. Interprets instructions and specifications and uses to set up equipment.
- Checks products on assembly line to confirm that they are properly assembled and removes defective products.
- Cleans and maintains equipment as needed. Notifies supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
- Prepares accurate records/documentation related to quality and work in progress.
- Troubleshoots minor production problems. Specifically:
- Identify, inspect and prepare for adequacy of use, the required-mandrels for production.
- Prepare, monitor and test dispersion / materials for production.
- Dips mandrels in materials and remove shells from mandrels after processed.
- Interface/operate computer controlled shell forming equipment used in the coating of mandrels with dispersion. Remove shells from conveyor line, load and operate cure oven.
- Perform visual and thickness inspection of shells. Interface/operate MES computer system, interpret SPC data output and respond as appropriate.
- Operates soak tanks and dryers.
- Flexibility to cross train to other departments / areas within Shell Processing (HTV / RTV / SPRAY) and outside Shell Processing according to business needs.
- Perform equipment cleaning procedures as needed.
- Monitors and responds to equipment and process issues that may lead to non-compliance. Notifies shift/team leader and area technician when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
- Accountable for adhering to and enforcing all quality and safety guidelines. Identifies and elevates all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed. Inspects assemblies and sub-assemblies devices.
- Reviews device records, follow established procedures, and prepares necessary documentation as required. Must maintain good manufacturing and documentation practices in accordance to procedures outlined according to cGMPs.
- Flexibility to cross train to other departments according to business needs. Provide training to new employees or other team members as requested; in manufacturing processes with the support of the Manufacturing Technical Lead. Maintains an updated and current training record and adheres to training timelines.
- Participates in Safety initiatives and programs by either joining Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or reporting unsafe practices/conditions to shift/team leader.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment. Helps to meet daily efficiencies by focused approach to performing tasks compliantly and safely according to procedure/process.
- Other duties may be assigned.